Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It was six years ago today that we sold our house in Calgary, loaded up our U-Haul and made our way to our new home in Peace River. As our oldest son Luke drove the family van, I drove the U-Haul truck. In the cab...it was just me, and our "pet frog" in his fish tank.

We left Calgary around midnight and drove all through the night. I wasn't able to get radio reception until somewhere near "Valleyview, AB." and I heard on the CBC news that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.

About an hour later, I heard on the news that another plane had crashed into the Trade Center. Exhausted from driving through the night this all seemed like a nightmare as I came to the sombre & shocking realisation that this was no accident.
While unloading furniture into our home we'd break for a moment to watch television news clips of this cowardly act of terrorism.

Today, on the 6th anniversary of this sense-less tragedy, my thoughts are with all my American friends.

No comments: