Saturday, July 07, 2007

My sister Susan recently loaned me her copy of “The Secret”.

It was worth watching...but it’s nothing new. Old ideas in a new fancy package. This stuff was being talked about in the late 70's by “Shakti Gawain” and was also covered in “The Seth Material”(Jane Roberts). Believe me, I’m not “knocking” this DVD, but it’s good to acknowledge the individuals who “initially” made many of us aware of these “age-old” principles.

It was good to be reminded of some of the concepts in The Secret. A great “refresher” course in visualization techniques & affirmations. I read Gawain’s book, Creative Visualization a few years after it came out, and I’ve had some REAL success with her suggestions from the book! I found her book to be a much more practical way of getting down to work, on “SELF”.

“The Secret” did not cover anything about karma (I once read that there are at least 4 types of karma) or dharma and the powerful impact they both have on our goals and dreams. Being aware of the role karma plays, helps to understand some of our roadblocks, as well as the patterns that we tend to fall into. At the same time I think that dharma shows us that we may have a propensity to be involved in a certain kind of work. (A kind of "being in the Tao".) I just think it’s good to consider these variables as well, when trying to set goals and make life changes.

As stated previously, I derived “value” from watching this inspirational DVD and still see it as a good “primer” in getting what we really want in life!

No comments: