Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I’m a lucky guy!
I got to “BE what I wanted to be when I grew up”.
As a kid, I used to love to draw...then, I found out there was a job called a “commercial artist” where you got paid to draw. Wow!
Then one day I saw a guy on T.V. named Cliff Kadatz. He would play the guitar & sing some songs and then he’d show kids how to draw. Wow, I thought... I wanna do THAT too! So, I took guitar lessons from Mr. Harold McKenzie at 14 years old.

In my early 20's I went to Art College to learn how to be an artist. One day at college I noticed a guy showing his friend some slow, “dance-like” moves...I didn’t know it at the time, but he was doing Tai Chi. Something deep inside me said, “one day, you’re going to learn that too”!

Now, almost every day I sing and perform my own songs and/or do some drawings and I do Tai Chi. Okay, so maybe I haven’t grown up yet...but perhaps that’s a good thing!!

2 comments:

Lance Kadatz said...

Hi Jeff, my Dad is Cliff Kadatz. It gave him great joy to know that he inspired someone in the area of art & music. It is nice to know where the seeds we sow in life drop. Thanks for remembering his name. He inspired me as well but in many other ways. My brother Wayde Kadatz got all of Dads music & art talent.

God Bless. Lance Kadatz

Unknown said...

I remember watching Cliff on TV doing his "Tumbleweeds" show when I was a kid. I'm 60 now, but I can still remember the autographed picture I got from him in the mail back then. I can't remember the details, but it must have been for entering a contest of some sort. Yep, a great kid's show.